The Irish Ice Hockey Association is seeking to fill the role of National Children’s Safeguarding Officer.
This is a volunteer position with the successful applicant being responsible for monitoring of National Safeguarding Policies and working with all registered Ice hockey Clubs to ensure they are up to date with Safeguarding Guidance for children, young people and vulnerable adults in Sport.
- Applicant must have completed a Safeguarding 1 – Child Welfare & Protection basic awareness workshop.
- It would be an advantage if they have completed Safeguarding 2 – Club Children’s officer Workshop or Safeguarding 3 – Designated Person course.
- Experience in a similar role would also be an advantage.
- Computer literate.
- To act as the first point of contact for all Safeguarding enquiries.
- Ensure all clubs follow regulations in IIHA Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s sport and that all members working with children, young people or vunerable adults are Garda vetted and have completed a Safeguarding 1 – Child Welfare & Protection basic awareness workshop.
- Ensure all clubs have the relevant resources required.
- A good knowledge of IIHA Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s sport to be able to act as an information source to all members of IIHA.
- Continue to retrain and update their knowledge in this field.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by Sport Ireland regarding Safeguarding for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Meet IIHA Executive monthly.
The above list of duties is not an exhaustive list.
Successful applicant will be Garda vetted.
Please send email regarding your expression of interest and qualifications to IIHA General Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 25th November.