Following the resignation of Wayne Hopkins as the IIHA’s Director of Player Operations on the Executive Committee recently, the IIHA now invites applications for the position of Director of Player Operations to fulfil the remainder of Wayne Hopkin’s term in the position.
This position is voluntary and the successful candidate will commence work immediately.
To apply for this position you must:
• Be ordinarily resident in Ireland
• Be a Full Member and must have been a Full Member for at least one (1) year prior to appointment
• Be nominated by at least one (1) IIHA member
• Send your application by registered post to:
Re: Director of Player Operations Position
Irish Ice Hockey Association,
13 Joyce Way,
Parkwest Business Park,
The deadline for applications to this position is Friday, 10th December 2010.
It is recommended that you also email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive confirmation that your application has been received you should contact the IIHA immediately at email@example.com.
Your application must include your:
• Full name
• Postal address
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Details of any club affiliations
• Nomination by at least one (1) IIHA member
• Details of your involvement in ice hockey
• Curriculum Vitae outlining any relevant experience (hockey or otherwise) which may be of interest or value to the position
A select number of applicants will be called for an interview and following these interviews the Director of Player Operations will be appointed to fulfil the remaining duration of Wayne Hopkins’ term.
PLEASE NOTE: The person appointed will only be appointed for the remaining duration of Wayne Hopkins’ term. This is in accordance with the IIHA’s Memorandum & Articles of Association.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Director of Player Operations will include but are not limited to:
• Organising, managing and processing the registrations of members
• Organising, managing and processing the registrations and transfers of players
• Processing international transfers into and out of the IIHA
• Attend Executive Committee meetings on a regular basis
• Assist the Executive Committee in the ongoing running of the IIHA and its day to day business
• Carry out other duties as determined by the Executive Committee and the IIHA’s Memorandum & Articles of Association
The position will:
• Be voluntary
• Involve approximately 5 – 10 hours of work per week
• Only be for the remaining duration of Wayne Hopkins’ term
The Executive Committee will at all times support you in your role by providing guidance and assistance whenever required.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.