IIHA Update: Dundalk Ice Dome

Over the weekend, the IIHA received an update from the Ice Dome that no further progress on re-opening the facility will be made until the later part of next week (week starting 13th September 2010) at the earliest. We have been informed that everything is still okay for the facility to re-open and the signing of paperwork is the only reason for the delay in re-opening the facility. We have been further informed that it is hoped this paperwork will all be signed off upon by the end of next week and from there it will take about 2/3 weeks for the facility to be back open. This would mean that the earliest the facility will be back open will be early October.

However, we have not been provided with an exact or estimated date of when it will be back open so it could be mid/late October. As such, we will continue to remain in contact with the facility and we will be in touch with all of the teams and our members if we receive any further information or if anything changes to the above.

In the meantime, the IIHA have contacted the ice rink facilities in Northern Ireland and we await feedback from them as to what ice time is available there. Ice time can be limited at these facilities but we believe we can work something out so as to cause as little disruption to the season ahead as possible.

We thank everyone for their patience and we look forward to coming back to each of you very soon with an update on everything.

We are also excited about getting everyone back onto the ice as soon as possible.

We confirm that our organisation complies with The Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary, and Charitable Sector in Ireland.