The IIHA invites applications for the position of Referee-in-Chief.
This position is voluntary and the successful candidate will commence work immediately.
To apply for this position you must:
• Permanently reside in Ireland
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of the rules of ice hockey
• Provide references upon request
• Be vetted by the appropriate authorities once appointed
• Become a member of the IIHA and continue to be a member throughout the period that you hold your position
• Be proficient in the use of emails and word
• Email your application to email@example.com or send by registered post to:
Re: Referee-in-Chief Position
Irish Ice Hockey Association,
13 Joyce Way,
Parkwest Business Park,
The deadline for applications to this position is Friday, 26th November 2010.
If you do not receive confirmation that your application has been received you should contact the IIHA immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include your:
• Full name
• Postal address
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Details of any club affiliations
• Details of your involvement in ice hockey
• Details of your involvement officiating (hockey and otherwise)
• Curriculum Vitae outlining any relevant experience (hockey or otherwise) which may be of interest or value to the position
A select number of applicants will be called for an interview and following these interviews the Referee-In-Chief will be appointed.
The length of the term that the successful candidate will have shall be discussed at the interview stage. However, the position will be subject to regular evaluations including an Annual Review.
The main roles and responsibilities of the Referee-In-Chief will include but are not limited to:
• Schedule on-ice officials for all IIHA games
• Supervise and manage all IIHA on-ice officials
• Regularly attend IIHA games to evaluate and offer constructive criticism aimed at improving the quality of all IIHA on-ice officials
• Supervise and manage the education of all IIHA on-ice officials including the organising and running of IIHA referee courses and camps
• Assist in the education, supervision and management of all IIHA off-ice officials
• Liaise with the International Ice Hockey Federation to ensure that the IIHA is up to date at all times with regard to the rules for both on-ice and off-ice officials
• Liaise with the International Ice Hockey Federation in the scheduling of IIHA officials chosen to officiate at IIHF events
• Regularly review the IIHA’s policies and procedures, particularly those to do with officiating and discipline and making suggestions for improvements to those policies and procedures to the Executive Committee accordingly
Immediate tasks will include but are not limited to:
• Reviewing the IIHA’s policies and procedures for both referee education and also discipline
• Reviewing the IIHA’s referee education programme
The position will:
• Involve approximately 2 – 5 hours of work per week
• Be subject to regular evaluations including an Annual Review
The Executive Committee will at all times support you in your role by providing guidance and assistance whenever required.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.