The IIHA invites applications for the position of General Manager for the Senior Irish National Team.
The position is voluntary and the work in the immediate months is concerned with the preparation of the team travelling to compete in the 2010 IIHF World Championship in Athens, Greece.
The prospective General Manager needs to be free to travel on the dates of this tournament (14th April 2010 – 17th April 2010).
The main roles and responsibilities of the General Manager will include but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Head Coach in appointing the coaching staff who will assist with the team’s preparations
• Working with the coaching staff to determine tryouts, practice sessions and games
• Organising and informing players and coaches alike of said tryouts, practice sessions and games
• Determining and organising fundraising events
• Reporting on the progress of the team and communicating with the players, coaches and the IIHA Executive Committee alike through meetings, emails and phone calls
• Primary role in organising all travel arrangements to and from the 2010 IIHF World U18 Championship
• Assisting the IIHA in coming up with a plan for securing sponsorship
Candidates for the position are required to email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, 23rd November 2009.
Candidates may post their applications by registered post no later than Friday, 20th November 2009 to the following address:
Re: Senior General Manager Position,
Irish Ice Hockey Association,
13 Joyce Way,
Parkwest Business Park,
The application should be accompanied by the candidate’s full name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address and any club affiliation.
The application should be further accompanied by the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae outlining any relevant experience (hockey or otherwise) which may be of value to the position.
A select number of applicants will be called for an interview and following these interviews, the General Manager of the U18 Irish National Team will be appointed.
The IIHA looks forward to all applications and any further information that is required can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
(If Candidates do not receive confirmation that their application has been received they should contact the IIHA at firstname.lastname@example.org)