The IIHA invites applications for the position of Head Coach for the Senior Irish National Team.
The position is voluntary and the work in the immediate months is concerned with preparing the team for the upcoming 2010 IIHF World Championship in Athens, Greece.
The prospective Head Coach needs to be free to travel on the dates of this tournament (14th April 2010 – 17th April 2010).
The main roles and responsibilities of the Head Coach will include but are not limited to:
• With the help of the General Manager, appoint coaching staff who will assist with the team’s preparations.
• Take full charge of on ice sessions.
• Prepare a season plan that is to be distributed to the IIHA Executive Committee, General Manager and players alike
• Work with coaching staff (particularly the General Manager) to determine tryouts, practice sessions, games and fundraising events.
• Assist the General Manager in organising and informing players and coaches alike of said tryouts, practice sessions, games and fundraising events
• Report on the progress of the team to the General Manager through meetings, emails and phone calls
Candidates for the position are required to email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on Monday, 23rd November 2009.
Candidates may post their applications by registered post no later than Friday, 20th November 2009 to the following address:
Re: Senior Head Coach Position,
Irish Ice Hockey Association,
13 Joyce Way,
Parkwest Business Park,
The application itself should be accompanied by the candidate’s full name, date of birth, postal address, telephone number, email address and any club affiliation.
The application should be further accompanied by the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae outlining any relevant experience (hockey or otherwise) which may be of value to the position.
A select number of applicants will be called for an interview and following these interviews, the General Manager of the U18 Irish National Team will be appointed.
The IIHA looks forward to all applications and any further information that is required can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
(If Candidates do not receive confirmation that their application has been received they should contact the IIHA at firstname.lastname@example.org)